Friday, January 30, 2009

Snowed in...and loving it.

We've been spending a lot of time at home evenings and weekends due to some major snow and ice. This is totally fine with us, and Emerson. The boy LOVES his bouncer right now. There's a video in an earlier blog which shows his first time really getting into it. He bounces like a maniac in it now. He also is a wildman in his highchair. Straps were invented b/c of babies like Emerson. He has definitely gone from baby to little boy. He's army-crawling, bouncing around, and talking/singing non-stop. He laughs and smiles most of the time, and is a dreamy little man. He sleeps like a prince (11-12 hours straight through the night), goes down for naps without a struggle, and eats like it's going out of style. His current foods include oat cereal, bananas, applesauce, pears, peaches, apricots, squash (a fave), carrots, and sweet potatoes (another fave). He devours his bottle, and opens his mouth for a bite as soon as we sit him in the highchair. For dinner a few nights ago he had an 8oz bottle, oat cereal, applesauce, and a double container of squash.

I am home with him today, and every Friday, and cherish this day. We lead very busy lives, so it's nice to slow down for a day and just soak up Emerson.

Jason turned 32 yesterday, and we had a low-key family celebration. We enjoyed Chipotle and brownies (Jason's requests), and listened to some of Jason's new "Oldies but Goodies" ten-CD-set. Tonight, Emerson gets to hang out with Auntie Jessi while Jason and I go to dinner and the Blue Jackets' game. Some people ask us if we're dying for an adult night. Jason and I adore every second with Em, and with his awesome sleeping habits, we do get a lot of alone time. It will be nice to have a night out, but I would be ok just staying home with my boys, too.
Totally ornery.
" Here, mom...I'll do it."
This cracks me up!Snow...snow...snow.
Last weekend with Mimmy and Dzia Dzia
"Hi, Sheff."
With 5:45am workouts M-Th, I sometimes need a nap after work. I love this time with Em.
Everyone needs a little naked time.

No comments: