Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Applesauce adventures

Emerson is home today, sick. He started with a cough on Sunday, and woke up with a fever Monday morning. I've been home since, tending to this goofy little baby. Even amidst the illness, he's as ornery and cute as ever. We went to the doc, but they can't really do anything at this age. Just wait it out. The coughing is tolerable, but the diapers aren't! Never, have I ever, smelled such a funk coming from something so small. Apparently, the soy formula should help. We'll see. The really sad part of this, is I have to leave this afternoon for a Chicago meeting, and get back late tomorrow night. Jason and Emerson will be fine, but I don't know if I will be. No, I really will be. I just hate to be away from Em, especially when he's under the weather. Below are a couple pics of Emerson yesterday morning. Watching Noggin. Yes, watching Noggin. What baby wants, baby gets. Especially when he's sick.Onto happier things...I am including a sequence of pictures of Emerson eating applesauce. He started on squash, sweet potatoes, and carrots a few weeks ago, so we are now starting to introduce a few fruits. Applesauce has been the MOST hilarious. The larger pics are my fave.

And the absolute funniest picture...
Stay tuned...Next post will be all about Emerson's new friend...Kramer the cat. I am convinced that as soon as Emerson gets some traction, he's going straight for both of this four-legged friends.

No comments: