Today is Scarlet's 9-month birthday. So we started the day at the pediatrician with two shots, followed by Timbits with big brother! The good always cancels out the bad. I feel like after one bite of a donut hole she's all, "What shots? Mommy loves me."
This month is probably her greatest thus far for milestones. She's crawling, pulling herself to standing, waving goodbye, and mimicking interactions. And this girl loves to laugh! She loves goofing at the dinner table, laughing at Emerson's noises and faces, and often just laughs at/to herself. She has a goofy side that has me a little worried she's going to be even wilder than her big brother. And she's selective about it, but will wave goodbye.
Speaking of the dinner table, I'm thrilled that there hasn't yet been a food that Scarlet has refused. You can tell by looking at her that she gets enough to eat. And it makes life a little easier since she'll eat whatever I give her. She has what we're having. Turkey meatballs, grilled chicken and vegetables, etc. Emerson gets a kick out of the fact that she just eats our food, cut up smaller.
She's tracking the same as Emerson for height and weight at this age. She weighed in at just over 22 lbs. and is 29.5" long. This has her in the 94th and 97th percentiles, respectively. She's heavy. She hurts my arms. But anymore, with her crawling and climbing, she doesn't like to be held for long. Unless she's sleepy. Then she'll cuddle right up and bury her head in your chest. Love those moments. Love this age.
 |
| This girl has her brother's natural comedic timing. That's a dried yogurt bite resting on her little nose. |
 |
| Loving the slow-to-show spring weather for long walks in the 'hood. |
 |
| Allowing Emerson to show her how cool all her toys are. |
 |
| Rolling, rolling, rolling... |
 |
| Her sweetness abounds. |
 |
| Her goofiness is contagious. |
 |
| Multi-tasking in the high chair ;) |
 |
| Instantly irate when her nose is wiped. |
 |
| A little stronger every day. |
 |
| And occasionally frustrated at being immobile. |
 |
And then one day, she just got it! This is what she's doing every morning now when we go to get her.
Is there any better way to start the day than to this smiling face? |
 |
So pleased at pulling herself to standing.
Her caption to this would be something like "World!?!? Do you see me?!?!? I'm standing!!!" |
 |
| Now that she's mastered all fours, she has started trying other methods of crawling. |
 |
| I love that her face is like, "What? No big deal. This is what I do now." |
 |
| So strong! And proud! |
 |
| Peeks. |
 |
| And I swear her hair is longer and thicker just this week! And I see curls! |
No comments:
Post a Comment