Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Emersonisms - May Edition

I seriously couldn't make this stuff up...

Emerson recently asked Jason on the way to school, "Do buses have to stop at railroad crossings when there are no kids on the bus?" Jason and I both realized we have never thought of that scenario. Sometimes, we don't have answers. Like when he asks, "What happens when rainbows mix with raindrops?"

Emerson loves to create elaborate names for everything. He received a stuffed dinosaur from Auntie Jess that now has the name Rico Bonjour Rex Forte. Rico for short. And when I asked him if he even knew what forte meant, he replied with "it means you're good at something." Well played, Emerson.

He also recently decided that instead of Emerson he would like to be referred to as Mr. Colorado Black Widow Dude Bro. Colorado for short.

He's smart. And I love that he analyzes the world. His smarty-pants attitude I can do without, though. Emerson loves greeting our neighbor across the street, Mr. Tom. The other day, when he yelled over, "Hi, Tom!" I corrected him and asked him to call him either Mr. Tom, or Mr. Z. He responded with, "Ok, Janice."

No comments: