Friday, May 31, 2013

10 months of Scarlet

Our sweet little girl turned ten months this week. There's so much she's doing...here are the highlights.

Vocabulary
Scarlet continues to da-da-da-da to just about everything she sees. Including Daddy! The only time I get a ma-ma-ma is when she's in tears and reaching for me. But I'll take it. She has lots of chatter that sound like near sentences. I'm pretty sure the other day when Jessica said she was cold, Scarlet responded with "then go inside." She very clearly says "Hot-ta" in response to items she should not touch. Another recent addition is "Uh-oh." She has a huge fluctuation in her tone. Sometimes a very deep voice, which reminds me of a lot of both the Flowers and Lineberger women. Other times, she hits ultrasonic when she's chattering. She wants so badly to communicate, and in a lot of ways is. She and Emerson have full on shouting matches at the dinner table. And usually crack each other up in the process.

Nicknames
She has such personality, that it's only fitting she'd have many nicknames. Yiddle Biddle, Scarzaboni, ScarBar, Sista Baby, Scarley Brown, and Scar Louie are some of our favorites. And when Emerson is frustrated with her grabbing toys from him, it often comes out as "Scar-LIT!"

Physicality
I included that as the title of this paragraph, only because Jason gets annoyed with sports commentators when they use it. It's not a word. But if it was, it would describe Scarlet's major movement in the last month. She started actively crawling just a few weeks ago, and is now a pro at crawling, pulling herself to standing on anything and everything, and cruising around furniture. She'll stand independently for long periods of time now, and took a single step this past week while we were on vacation.

Snaggletooth
Little girl is working on all kinds of teeth. Her bottom two have been in for quite a while. And are quite long. Picture an upside down beaver. She popped all four top teeth this past month. Speaking of teeth, Scarlet had her first daycare bite. She was the recipient, not the giver. I've been taking bite impressions of every child in her class, and should know who the culprit is soon.

Menu
Scarlet tries every night to eat Kramer's cat food. I wonder if I should let her try it to help her figure out she doesn't like it. But what if she does like it? My plan will have backfired. Of course we'd never let her eat it, but it sure is funny to give her a stern "no" and watch her react with a fake cry. She keeps eating everything I give her, including cherry tomatoes, avocado, and everything else that crosses our plates. Her current favorites are blueberries, mandarin oranges and clementines, and all things yogurt. I have to introduce items strategically, because if she catches sight of mandarins, you'd better just throw away that chicken, because she will not be eating it. And that's that.

I always say this, but we really do have the happiest little girl. These very recent pics epitomize her personality.

Enjoying al fresco dining at Pincher's.

This is her other side. Sweet, and a little salty.

It's amazing how many pictures I have of her like this. She thinks...and knows...she's funny.

See previous caption.

Love those cheeks. Love this girl.


No comments: