When Scarlet was trying to crawl up my leg…
“She’s going to rip your dress.”
No, she’s not.
“She already did.”
No she didn’t, that’s a slit. That’s supposed to be there.
“I want to rip your dress.”
______________________________________________
And on the way to school, out of the blue…
“Mommy, I want to buy a Lamborghini.”
He said it perfectly!
“Daddy and I talked about it. And we want to buy one.”
______________________________________________
This morning, while we were all getting ready...
"Yes, so you can say prayers out loud, or to yourself."
"I REALLY want that lizard."
______________________________________________
So, this Santa/God/lizard conversation prompted another with me...
"Emerson, do you think you could care for a real, live, lizard? And feed it? And keep his cage clean?"
"Yes. I fed Charlie three pieces of food every day." (Charlie was the goldfish whose bowl was knocked over by Kramer the cat, and dried out.)
"Do you remember what happened to Charlie?"
"Yes, Kramer sucked his blood."
______________________________________________
Emerson doesn't get much screen time, at all really. He's at school all day every day, with no TVs or movies. And the little bit he gets in the evenings and on the weekends, seems to stick with him.
Recently, when talking about where someone works, Jason responded with "Nationwide." To which Emerson sang back "Nationwide, is on your side."
And when I asked Jason "Who's on the phone?" Emerson didn't skip a beat with "Jake. From state farm."
______________________________________________
This morning, while we were all getting ready...
“Daddy, can Santa hear what you say in your brain?"
"Hmmm...not sure, buddy."
“What about God? God can hear what you say in your brain, right?""Yes, so you can say prayers out loud, or to yourself."
"I REALLY want that lizard."
______________________________________________
So, this Santa/God/lizard conversation prompted another with me...
"Emerson, do you think you could care for a real, live, lizard? And feed it? And keep his cage clean?"
"Yes. I fed Charlie three pieces of food every day." (Charlie was the goldfish whose bowl was knocked over by Kramer the cat, and dried out.)
"Do you remember what happened to Charlie?"
"Yes, Kramer sucked his blood."
______________________________________________
Emerson doesn't get much screen time, at all really. He's at school all day every day, with no TVs or movies. And the little bit he gets in the evenings and on the weekends, seems to stick with him.
Recently, when talking about where someone works, Jason responded with "Nationwide." To which Emerson sang back "Nationwide, is on your side."
And when I asked Jason "Who's on the phone?" Emerson didn't skip a beat with "Jake. From state farm."
No comments:
Post a Comment