I may be a couple weeks late on this, but it's a favorite way to spend a few minutes. I love looking back at photos from the past month and thinking about all we've done, the time we've spent together, and all of the new things that Scarlet is doing!
She turned 5 months old at the end of December. Just before that, she rang in the holidays with a double ear infection and bronchiolitis. Not bronchitis. That's for the wimps. This infection actually gets a layer deeper, into the bronchioles. The only reason I know about this, is because my Mom used to tell a story of when I had bronchiolitis when I was a few months old. The way she told it, you would have thought I nearly died. I imagine those germs came from my big sister and her sloppy 2-year-old kisses. Antibiotics quickly put Scarlet on the path to health. You would have never known this she was sick. She was sweet as pie, and never lost her smile.
Little girl was a trooper during all of our crazy outings and travels during the month of December. She continues to amaze us with her interaction. She sleeps about 11-12 hours a night, which is great! Typically. These first couple days back at school, she's been pooped when she gets home, and goes to bed around 6 or 6:30. Two reasons this is no good...1) We don't get much time with her in the evening. And 2) She wakes up at 5am working on saying her I's. "Aye, yay, yay, aye." We often let her go and just listen to her since she's content and just talking. But she's loud! Has to be in this family, I suppose.
I can't believe that she'll turn 6 months old at the end of January! It's true you know...time really does fly when you're having fun...
 |
| This is her standard delighted, smiley face. Does it a lot! |
 |
| There it is again...cuddling with Dad and Bro. |
 |
| Well into fruits and vegetables. This was a successful meal of prunes! |
 |
| They both get a kick out of each other. It's THE joy in my life, seeing them together. |
 |
| First visit with Santa...total success! |
 |
| Playing along on Christmas morning...trying on a new headband. |
 |
| Good ol' Sophie. |
 |
| Poor thing...she just looks sick here. But those lips sure are kissable. |
 |
I could be wrong...but I'm pretty sure that Scarlet and Norah are holding hands here.
Kindred spirits, these two, with their gentleness. |
 |
| Always smiling. |
 |
| Except when she's sleeping. |
 |
| Our angel. |
No comments:
Post a Comment