Another crazy weekend! In addition to our zoo trip yesterday, we had a busy Sunday! We walked in the March for Babies walk this morning, on my cousin Tasha's team. She organized a group of about 25 family and friends to walk in her youngest daughter's honor (Erin). I so wish I got a team pic! I know others did, so I'll post once I get it. We all had "One in a Million" shirts with a picture of Erin when she was in the hospital. Even Great Aunt Laura (on the other side of the fam) joined us since she was in town for a brass concert.
After the walk, we cooked out at our house for Mia's birthday. Good eats :)
It reached a high of 87 today, so we got Emerson's pool out, and he went for a dip! He has a BLAST in the water! He's always loved the shower and bath, and had a great time in Florida in February. He was crawling from one end of the pool to the other, and quickly discovered if he put his face in, he could slurp up some water. He is seriously the funniest kid I've ever met. He would slurp and crawl. And then slurp and crawl. He even started burping b/c he was drinking so much water!
"OK! I'm ready!"

This is the orange ball he chased all over the pool.

Looks like he's trying to take a bite out of it!

I love this pic.
I was cracking up as I was recording it, and I crack up every time I watch it!
He starts drinking the water and trying to scoop more of it into his mouth.
The kid LOVES IT!
Em, I don't think you'd want to be crawling on the brick. Especially naked.


After a perfectly unhealthy weekend, we thought we'd top it off with pizza with Jess. But we had salads too, so they cancel each other out, right? Emerson enjoyed some tastes of pizza, but what he loved the best was drinking out of the big cup! I've only let him drink out of my glasses of water a couple of times, but he instantly knew what to do. He mastered the sippy cup around 7.5 months, and I think he's onto his next cup adventure! He knew just what to do! I'd put a little bit of water in it, he'd throw it back, and then look at us with excitement!



Emerson wishes his cousin Kendall a happy 2nd birthday today!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment