Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lions and tigers and bears!

Interestingly enough, we didn't see any lions, tigers OR bears. We decided a couple weeks ago to head to the zoo today, and with amazing weather, so did everyone else in Columbus! No matter. We had an amazing first trip to the zoo for Emerson. We got our family pass, so we'll have lots of time to see those lions. Tigers. And bears. We started in the reptile exhibit. Emerson wasn't really interested in the snakes. I think he had a hard time realizing they were anything special since they just lay there. The turtles were another story. They were swimming all over the place, and he loved them! We visited the manatees. A lot of time was spent with the gorillas too. I think if they could have, they would keep Emerson as one of their own. They were doing some especially gross things today, perhaps because of the heat. Emerson had a great time watching the animals, but also loved watching the people. When Emerson is older, Jason and I will tell him that the zoo was one of our first dates.


I know you've only been awake for 90 seconds and I'm taking pictures, but it's your first zoo trip!!!


Sunscreen makes his eyes water...but man, are those eyes blue!!!

"What am I looking at here?"

"Whoa! Did you guys see that thing?"

See. They tried to keep him.

No comments: