Saturday, April 4, 2009

Peekaboo! I see you!

I think this may be the longest I've gone without blogging in a while! We've had a busy week! It's amazing to me how busy the Spring is. I was in Omaha a couple days this week, so one-armed Willie (Jason) had Emerson on his own. I never worry when I travel. Jason is so "hands-on", that he knows Emerson's schedule and needs as well as I do. The only challenge is that he's still recovering from a broken clavicle and dislocated shoulder. But they did fine! I had to cancel a work trip last week b/c of this, but Jason had improved enough that I was able to go to the very exciting city of Omaha this week. It's only the second time I've been there, and I'm still certain that there is not much to see. I did have steak though. Due to the economy, a much-appreciated travel ban is now in place at my company, so I have no pending trips currently!

Emerson had a check-up at the doc last Friday, following his late January ear-infection. His ears look great! They didn't plan to weigh him since it was just an ear-check, but I asked if we could. He's almost 23 lbs! His length is impressive too, but I guess we'll have to wait until his 9 month appointment in May! It blows my mind that he's almost 8 months old. He's continuing to impress us with his durability, strength and ambition. He's pulling himself to standing on everything, crawling everywhere, and chattering away. He isn't saying discernible words, but continues to babble. Jason has been working diligently with Em on "dada". His favorite toy is a cardboard tube from wrapping paper and he continues to clap excitedly at his accomplishments. We installed a baby gate between the kitchen and the family room, which is where we spend most of our time. Emerson loves to crawl over and look underneath, on either side. When he crawls now, he takes whatever he has in his hands with him, cardboard tube, remote control, stacking cups.

He's eating so well! He is starting to eat some tiny tastes of table food, in addition to all the purees and Gerber snacks. He loves puffs, yogurt melts, and lil' crunchies. I think his top teeth are getting close, b/c he's constantly feeling his top gums with his fingers. He's getting some juice in the afternoons, and absolutely LOVES little bites of whatever we are eating. I need to do some more clothes shopping for him, since nothing under 12 months fits him, including onesies. Most everything I am buying now is 18months - 2T. I personally think he looks best in just a diaper. And I'm realizing that the pics I post, he's always halfway dressed. Please note, he's normally fully dressed, but I often strip him down before meals and naps.

A lot going on over the next couple weeks! We're celebrating Jared's 21st birthday in Lancaster on Sunday. We'll be spending Easter weekend in Toledo, and then the following weekend we have a box for the opening Clippers game on Saturday and then "after-Easter" at Jessica's on Sunday. The weekend after that is March for Babies, the weekend after that is the Cap City 5k. You see how the weekends get away from us in the Spring!


Still a drool machine!
"Why nap, when I can stand!"
This is just a quick video of Emerson spotting the camera, and heading straight toward it!

No comments: