Monday, April 13, 2009

Hippity Hoppity!

Emerson, Jason and I spent Easter weekend in Toledo. We had lots of fun time with cousins, grandparents, aunts, and uncle! Emerson had a great time! We all did, really. It's so nice to spend a weekend with everyone, and watch Emerson interact with cousins. He adores them! And although we don't get to Toledo as often as we want, it's so important to us that Emerson get to spend time with his extended family. And he got enough puffs and snacks to last us a while! And Jason gets to take all the candy from our basket to work. I don't even like candy, but for some reason, if it's there...I'm eating it.

Emerson got some naked time while I was packing things up on Friday. I try to let his butt breathe a little now and then.

On Saturday morning, at his grandparents' house, Emerson decided that he was going to start climbing stairs! He got up two without any assistance. There isn't a picture of that because I was behind him waiting to catch him. And the little dog you see in this pic is the one he likes to give kisses. At prompting he'll lean in and kiss him. He prefers to kiss the dog much more than kissing mommy or daddy. And you better believe that "dah" is his first word! Every time he sees his toy dog, or Sheff, or one of his grandparents dogs he says "dah" and leans in for kisses.

Why wouldn't I put him in the Easter basket?

On Saturday afternoon, we got some playtime at Auntie Mel's. Spencer, Kendall and Macy are all so great with Emerson. They all want to play with him, and LOVE to get pictures with him. Even though he's a little grabby when he gets excited.

"Give me that camera, Mom!"

Super Emerson!
After mass on Easter, everyone came to Jason's parents for an egg-hunt and a yummy meal. Emerson got to have a snack with his cousin, Kendall. He gets so distracted by her "CHEESE!" that it's impossible to get a picture of both of them looking at the camera. Too funny!
Emerson got to find a couple of eggs during the Easter egg hunt. The poor kid was way overdue for a nap, but unwilling to go down until all the excitement passed. He slept for 15 minutes in mass, but woke up once we left. Holidays are tough to stay on schedule. Oh well, should only take a couple days to get back to routine.
I think Emerson is trying to figure out how to get up there and be a part of the action.
I didn't think of getting a picture with Emerson is his cute little easter outfit, vest, khakis, white button down, etc. I may just have to recreate it all next weekend when we celebrate Easter with my family in Columbus!

No comments: