How the weeks FLY by! I just realized I haven't posted a blog since last Sunday, and it's no wonder! In addition to Jason and I both working through the week, we seem to have a good amount of events on the weekday evenings, and even more on the weekends! And then you have to find time for things like cleaning, laundry, cooking, mowing, etc. I try to get all of the cleaning and laundry done on Friday (my extra day off every week), so I don't even have to think about it on the weekend. We have been enjoying the spring weather so much, that we've been neglectful in picture-taking. We had a great night with our good friends Stacy and Jeff on the patio at Jimmy V's last Saturday. Emerson was home with Sylvia and her husband Patrick. Emerson adores her, and she knows him so well from daycare, that we had no worries. Jason and I could really relax and enjoy our night out. Not to mention, the weather was perfect for a few beers and yummy greek food.
Emerson has a top tooth poking through, which has reduced his appetite. This isn't saying much, though. He used to eat like a horse, and now he eats more like a pony. I had almost stopped buying baby food, since he was doing so well with table food. I re-incorporated some veggies and fruits this week. He's been too picky with the table food since his top tooth pushed through. Gotta make sure this baby-giant gets all his vitamins! His new favorite is Cheerios. I buy the multi-grain, and although he eats them all, he makes faces when he gets the grains he doesn't like. The teething hasn't affected his sleep...he's still doing 11 hours solid through the night. Love that!
Friday at home...he loves to play under the kitchen table.
He'll roll his toys under there, and then get low and crawls through, army-style.
YAY for Cheerios!

I got this old trunk at a yard sale when I was in college. The man selling it carried it through the Korean War. He was so flattered that I wanted it, he gave it to me at no charge. We use it to store blankets, and Emerson has always been fascinated with it, and constantly tries to climb in.

While Jason mowed, Emerson swung! He loves to swing, at home and at the park.

I've been a little concerned with Em crawling on the new patio, thinking it would scratch up his knees. His shorts are long enough, though, that he did fine! I have a project this Spring that will give him TONS of playspace in the yard. Now I just need to find the time...

Man on a mission!


All the playing on Saturday afternoon left Emerson (and Jason) in need of a nap.

Emerson LOVES the dishwasher.
As soon as I open it, he comes from wherever he is playing, to get up on the dishwasher and pull things out.
WHAT A HELPER! I give him all the tupperware to play with, and he has a blast!
Of course this is what he does. There's a lot of funny in that "little" body.

No comments:
Post a Comment