We started by building a fort. And by building, I mean throwing a blanket over his playmat. He's always loved rough-housing with pillows and blankets, so this was perfect! I took in a few of his light-up toys, and he had TONS of fun! He was giggling like a madman, crawling out the sides, and ducking up and down to play peek-a-boo. My sister and I used to make CRAZY forts in the basement growing up. We would use about 15 blankets and we'd cover the entire basement with mini-fort-rooms and spend the entire day reading and playing in the fort. After we moved, and when Jared was old enough, we'd show him how to make forts in our upstairs hallway. You couldn't get from one room to the next without crawling through the fort. There's something magical about creating a cozy little world of blankets.
I've always loved to watch the rain, especially if there's thunder and lightning! When we were young, my mom used to take us into the garage and open the garage door and we would just sit and watch the storms. It was a little chilly on Friday, so we watched from inside. Still fascinating.














No comments:
Post a Comment