Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where is Baby Z?

So...we have yet to meet Baby Z. I feel like we've had more doctor appointments than I can count, and still no baby. At my last exam, I was 80% effaced and 1-2 cm. dilated. This baby is definitely stubborn, which makes perfect sense if you know both Jason and me well. The tardiness is a bit baffling...although there are times that I wait in the car for Jason while he finishes getting ready. It's not that his routine is that long, it's that he waits until the last possible moment to get ready and is always hitting a snag of some sort...needs to iron, can't find a shirt, wants a different hat, needs a hot pocket for the road, etc.

I've been following every wives' tale for inducing labor...pressure point massage, pedicure, hot sauce on everything, pineapple, long walks, etc. Apparently, a baked potato with an obscene amount of Frank's Hot Sauce makes this baby very happy.

We have an afternoon appointment today, and should know after that when this baby is coming. If nothing happens by then (and we all know it won't) then they'll likely schedule an induction for later this week.

I am incredibly anxious and exhausted. I'm averaging about 4-6 hours of sleep a night. It's very hard to find a comfortable position when I am carring a cinder block around with me everywhere I go. I suppose this is nature's way of preparing us/me for little to no sleep in the near future.

p.s. This baby is big. I am talking "epic".

No comments: