Monday, August 11, 2008

Loving the comforts of home...

So we're home, and settling in. We left the hospital midday on Friday, and took our first car ride with Emerson (home). Only about a 10-minute ride, but he slept through it all. We spent our first afternoon home in and out of sleep, screening phone calls, and just enjoying every minute of this new baby boy's face. Saturday morning, we woke up, although still tired, feeling much better overall. Emerson had some visitors Saturday and Sunday, and lots of well wishers bringing us adorable baby boy outfits and some much welcomed food! We've been taking non-stop pictures, and love capturing Emerson with open eyes, or mid-yawn. We think every little noise and movement is the cutest thing we've ever seen. Jason has been very doting, to both Emerson and me. He makes sure there's always something to eat, that Emerson always has a clean and dry diaper, and that we don't miss any Phelps coverage.

I can hardly set Emerson down. Not because he is crying, but because it just feels so perfect to hold him. He is a WONDERFUL baby (knock on wood) and almost never cries. He fusses a bit when he's hungry. But I suppose that's to be expected of a 9lb. 7oz. baby. We call him a mogwai (sp?) when he's hungry b/c he grunts and makes pig noises looking for something to put into his mouth. Does everyone remember the fuzzy little creature on Gremlins? Coming by it honestly, he makes us laugh all the time! He often finds a finger or the back of his hand, which provides quick satisfaction. I really am amazed at how little he cries. But I suppose he's just a mellow little boy, which would make sense, since I had such a great pregnancy.

Sheffield has been great, and has been guarding Emerson whenever we're holding him. He still likes to be nearby, but has shifted his role a little from the baby of the house to the dog. He sniffs him a bit, but is generally disinterested, and has not been jealous at all.

Here are a few pics over the last couple of days. The one above was the first trip in the carseat (Look how blonde!). The below pic was the mogwai, with socks on his hands b/c he always scratches up his face. When I have more time (I know...never) I'll upload all of our pics into a slideshow, including some of me and Jason. Until then!

No comments: