Monday, August 25, 2008

Photo shoot, visit with Grandmas, and 1st piece of mail!!!

We had another busy week, and (as you might expect) Emerson is getting cuter by the second! On Tuesday, we made a trip to the mall, and hung out with Auntie Jessi during her lunch break, and then Jason during his! On Wednesday, our amazing photographer, Julie Ranee, came to the house to get Emerson's newborn pics. We had a beautiful day, and were able to get some inside and outside shots of Em, Jason, and me. We got some cute nudies too, can't wait to see them! On Thursday, Emerson had a visit from the Lomaxes, and got to hang out with his buddy, Ivan. It was so cute how Ivan just wanted to touch him! Friday, we made a trip to Lancaster to visit all of the Lancaster-based Grandmas...Mia, Grandma F, Grandma L, and Nana Vicki. They all had some quality time with Emerson, and he was a doll, of course. Uncle Jared got to show Emerson how he holds a football, using Emerson as an example. Poppy had the flu, so he's absent in all the pics. Saturday we had a visit from Auntie Jessi and Meredith, and Auntie Jessi brought a delicious dinner for the grill! Jason and I were so appreciative! And this was the first time in almost a year that I've had more than one beer! I had three! I know...crazy. Saturday night was probably Emerson's worst night since we've been home from the hospital, Jason and I were up from about 3am on. So Sunday was a very mellow day, napping in and out whenever Emerson napped.
I am amazed at how Emerson changes so much from day to day. Right now he's very aware of his arms and legs, and is constantly moving them. This is adorable, except when I'm trying to feed him, and he's squirming. He's very serious about his food, as you can see from his chins and rolls. We get some little smiles and my favorite Emerson moment is when he laughs in his sleep. It's by far the cutest thing I have EVER seen. I love every inch of him.

Motherhood is the most amazing experience, and I love every new challenge it brings. Jason is a natural father. Jason let me sleep in an extra hour on Saturday, and got up and got Emerson bathed and dressed. That extra hour was incredible. He and Emerson had their first solo outing on Saturday, to Lowe's and Target. I ran to the grocery while they had their outing. I cried when I left though, this was the first time I had been apart from Emerson. Ever. I had no doubts about him being with Jason, but it was still a hard moment.
Enjoy the pics! Jason got a pic of his first piece of mail, from the social security administration...Emerson actually exists now! He's legit!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to call you Emerson Rox! Love you, Auntie Jessi