Monday, February 25, 2013

Tattoos and Memories

This is a facebook post by Jason last week while I was out of town for a couple days...

"ok...to all the single parents out there...my hat is off to you. i don't know how you do it. jan has been gone for only a day and a half, and already i appreciate the value of two parents. it's like Emerson and Scarlet got together and decided to team up on me!! I don't like being outnumbered... just a few of the things that were said this morning "Em, why are you still in your underwear... Scarlet, where are your socks... No you can't have bologna for breakfast... No you can't take TWO pillow pets to school... I don't know why Kramer the cat doesn't like going in the shower... Scarlet, again, where are your socks... Em, i don't care what shirt you wear, just put on a shirt...yes, mommy gets back tonight.. no you can't play your game before school... what are you doing back in your bed...we don't have pop tarts...seriously Scarlet, the socks again???? i love hot dogs too...yes, that big fire rock came from outer space, no it wasn't from aliens (i think)...daddy don't tell your boss it's my fault you're late...sorry, i didn't know my gogurt was already opened...Emerson, Emerson...where are you...ahhh, crazy, but i love my crazy life and i love my crazy kids!"

Feels good to be missed! In other random goings-on in the Zielinski household...

Emerson gets to fall asleep in my bed on Thursdays, Jason's evening out with the boys at bowling. I feel like this is a preview to college-Emerson. Tattoos all over his arms, passed out face down wherever he fell. Brings a proud tear to my eye.

These are the kinds of pictures I get from Jason when I travel...take one...

take two.

And this is our darling Emerson during a visit w. Harper. He loves wrestling with anyone, but especially loves to roughhouse with Uncle Jared. Exhibit A.

No comments: