In the midst of the mayhem, my kids sure are loved as we near Valentine's Day. In addition to gifts from us that they'll get tomorrow morning, they've received all kinds of goodies from our families!
I've mentioned in a few other blogs that we try to eat relatively clean in my house. Organic-this, preservative-free-that. Not everything, but we do what we can. For this reason, Emerson especially enjoys the goodies he gets on these kinds of holidays. And I love that! I think things like candy should be treats, not the norm.
This has clearly left for a 4-year-old who has been sheltered. In one of his goody bags, he received Fruit Roll Ups. We've all had them, right? A strip of gummy red sugar on a piece of plastic. Well, inexperienced with Fruit Roll Ups, Emerson opened one and took a bite. No unROLLing. After a few seconds of chewing, he started pulling pieces of plastic out of his mouth. So that's what I get. In trying to eliminate red dye from my household, I ended up with a kid who eats plastic.
| THIS PHOTO IS A RE-ENACTMENT. Voracious! |
And in other photo goodness...
| Six months of age, personality well beyond that. |
| So glad I caught this! She kept biting this stuffed animal's tail and making this face! Over and over again! |
| Another Valentine goody bag item from Auntie Jeeka. It's the little things. |
No comments:
Post a Comment