Tuesday, August 2, 2011

HIlton Head - Part 6

Maybe if I spread out the blog posts, it will still feel like we're on vacation? We had such a fun week, that I really just don't want to let it go. We had a beautiful place to stay. We spent time with all our wonderful friends. Emerson had fun with his buddies at the beach, the pool, the boat, bowling, putt putt, restaurants, and more! It was a much needed break. A break from the house. Work. Phones. Laptops and email. Life.

After ice cream, we spent a little time on the beach. It's beautiful any time of day, but there's something about an evening walk on the beach that wraps up a trip. Like saying goodbye to an old friend. We'll be seeing more of the beach in a couple months with a trip to Naples. So, I guess it wasn't really "goodbye"...it was "see you soon!"

No captions necessary on the pictures, they speak for themselves.










I started to feel like summer was over, despite the 90+ temperature most days. Vacation was over. Lancaster Festival had wrapped up. And then I realized we still have all of August! August includes Emerson's third birthday celebration, cookouts, neighborhood parties, and hopefully more trips to the pool! I love Fall, but I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to summer.

No comments: