Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Emerson is THREE!!!


I'm not quite sure how it all happened, but Emerson is three. Cliche, but it really does seem like just yesterday we were headed to the hospital to deliver this sweet boy. I'm amazed at so much of what Emerson is doing, but recently, I'm mostly impressed by his conversation, memory, and imagination. He has so much to say! He wants to know what you're talking about, and why. And then where. And who. And when. And then he tells you what he thinks about it all.

He remembers everything! He'll pick out a book he hasn't read in a while, and tell you, "I know this book. Member?" Or if we drive somewhere familiar, he'll say, "Hey, I've been here! I was here yesterday! Member?" And it's always "yesterday."

He's very into creative play. Many days on our way home, he tells me "I'm the Mommy, and you're the baby." Then, in his Mommy voice, he asks me, "How are you baby? How was your day?" After I respond, I ask him if he'll be making dinner while I play with toys. He then tells me, "I don't know kitchens very well." When he's playing Mommy and I ask what he did all day, he tells me he "went to work and said potty words." I guess that's what he thinks I do. I say potty words all day at work. Kind of awesome that they pay me to do that!

In the last few months, Emerson has taken an interest in babies, brothers, sisters, etc.. I attribute this to a couple of things. He was well aware that we were pregnant earlier this year. We've conveyed that there's no longer a baby, but that there will be later. He also has a number of classmates that became big brothers and sisters recently. Emerson is very consistent in telling you that he has three babies. He has two sisters, and one brother. The sisters are named Mylacole (my-la-cole) and Palao (puh-low). The brother is named Braxton. They're usually in his belly, but sometimes they're on the sidewalk. Mylacole was the first to appear, and the others came later.

His curiosity is endearing, and his genuine interest, adorable. He's everything we'd imagined, and then some. Happy third birthday, Emerson Rex.



Here comes the birthday boy!

Happy birthday to Emerson!

One of many times we sang and blew out candles.


That evening, we headed to the Clippers game!

It was hot. Hotter than hot. It was downright steamy.

Hangin' with Uncle Jayed.

Rosy cheeks. Sweaty head. Kissable lips.

Berlynn also celebrated her birthday that weekend! And was tired, but a trooper for the game.

Emerson and Warren. Clearly, they didn't discuss what they would be doing for the picture. Are we doing peace signs? Number 1? Come on, boys...get it together! ;)

No comments: