Emerson has, for a while now, been interested in all things superheroes. The three big ones are his favorites. Fatman, Fiderman and Fuperman. He can pronounce each of these perfectly,
when he tries. I'm not sure why "S", "B" and "Sp" all come out as "F" though.
And he loves to "play" Fiderman. Which basically means, Jason and I get assigned as Fatman and Fuperman (I prefer Fuperman for obvious reasons. And because it's hilarious to hear Emerson keep referring to Jason as Fatman.) and then get wrestled to death by Emerson, also known as Fiderman. "No, Mommy, call me Fiderman, please." There's lots of jumping off of couches, running around the house at top speed, and casting an invisible web from his wrist. And wrestling Mommy, Daddy, Auntie Jess, the Cat, you know...the real evil-doers.
Last year after Halloween, I bought a number of costumes for our nieces as part of a princess dress-up trunk I was putting together for their Christmas gift. I came across an inexpensive Spiderman costume, and figured I'd go ahead and get it, not really knowing when it would fit Emerson, or if he'd be interested. Apparently, my Mommy Intuition was on, and I didn't even realize it. Almost a year later, Jason came across it in Emerson's closet, and helped him put it on. Almost a perfect fit! I'm so thrilled that Emerson...I mean Spiderman...now has appropriate crime-fighting attire.
 |
| Lightning fast. It's amazing I could get him in the shot at all. |
 |
| Casting a web. |
 |
| Serious muscles. |
 |
| Taking a little break. |
 |
| Fueling up! |
 |
| After sleeping in his gear (sans mask), Spiderman caught a few morning cartoons. |
 |
| Amazing how peering out of those tiny little eye holes doesn't bother him. Unless of course he can see THROUGH it. Or is that just Superman? |
No comments:
Post a Comment