Emerson pooped in the potty!
To be clear, he’s not potty trained and we aren't yet potty training.
A few weeks before Emerson’s second birthday (August), after Jason used the restroom Emerson wanted to also, so he stood and tinkled. He did this again a couple weeks later. We knew these were flukes, and weren’t really interested in potty-training Emerson at the time. And he truly wasn’t ready.
Last night, after dinner, Emerson went to his favorite pooping spot, under the table, to fill his diaper. So, I asked him if he was going under there to poop, and he told me, “yah.” So, Jason asked him if he wants to go poop in the potty, to which Emerson yells, “yah!!!” Jason got him in there and undressed quickly, and sure enough, Emerson pooped on the potty. He asked to sit on the potty a couple more times last night, with no results.
I don't expect this to go anywhere soon, but a milestone for sure! Way to go, Emerson!
(I think big-boy status may have gone to his head. He INSISTED on picking out his own shirt this morning.)
No comments:
Post a Comment