Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pool day with Teddy

I've always said it's in my genes to be a full-time pool mom. I grew up at the pool. My mom was home with us, so my parents were able to accommodate my aquarian lifestyle. During the summers, we packed a bag in the morning, went to swim practice at 8, and stayed at the pool until the evening. After swim practice, we would lounge around the pool playing euchre, having lunch, swimming 45 minutes out of every hour (all but rest period), running around the golf course and tennis courts, risking death from the high-dive, and playing fierce games of "sharks and minnows." I get very nostalgic when I think about the great summers I had as a kid. We were carefree and found friendships that will last a lifetime. There are so many people I'm still very close with, whose friendships were established in goggles and speedos.

So far, Emerson has a major love for the water, too! He jumps in from the side, into my arms, and kick and move in the water, just enough to make me think he knows what he's doing! He love the big pool and the baby pool. The big pool is easier on me, since I get to hold him and swim. In the baby pool, he toddles and dives, and needs rescued every few minutes, which is a lot more work! Nonetheless, he loves it, and so do I. We were joined by Beth and Teddy this past Friday, and had a great time with the boys!

No comments: