On Emerson's Birth Day...
We woke in the morning to Jason's alarm. He got ready for work, and I lounged in bed, half-asleep still from the Ambien. Jason left for work around 7:30, and I headed downstairs to check email and send a few out of office notes to coworkers, letting them know I was officially starting my maternity leave. After all, I was getting induced that night...I deserved a day off!
Around 8:30am, I started to feel some tightness in my stomach. I took a shower, and parked in front of the TV. I realized, the "tightness" I was feeling was occurring every 5-10 minutes, and lasted for around 30 seconds. I called Jason, and told him I was pretty sure I was having contractions. He worked only a few minutes away, so was home in no time. He started timing the contractions, which were pretty mild at that time, and called the hospital. Once they were long enough, and frequent enough, they told us to head to the hospital. Jason, being a dutiful husband, wrote down all the times and durations that the contractions occurred. At one point though, just to be sure this was "it", he asked me if I was positive I was feeling this...or was I "just wanting it to happen." I quickly forgave him.
We headed to the hospital around 11 am, and 9 hours later (only 2 of which I would say were "laborious" - 1 hour of contractions pre-epidural and 1 hour of pushing), we had a gorgeous little boy. We decided to call him Emerson Rex. A balanced combination representing intelligence, creativity, and strength.
No comments:
Post a Comment