Thursday, August 6, 2009

Emerson Rex is ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Emerson is one year old today. Well, not until 9pm tonight. But I anticipate he'll be in bed by then, since his usual bedtime is around 7. Jason and I think he knew it was his birthday this morning. When I got him out of his crib, I took a quick picture...he was so happy to see me, and playful from the get-go.

He got his very first gift from us, a custom shirt, just in case anyone forgot what day it was! Emerson got calls from his grandparents and Aunt Jessi and everyone sang. He strutted around the house this morning with a little extra Mr. Cool attitude.

The first outing wasn't exactly what we had in mind on his birthday. Since he'd woken up a couple times the last few nights, we knew something was up. He has slept through the night since he was 11 weeks old (don't hate us), and for the last few months has slept 12 hours, 7pm-7am.

He was restless last night, and just coming off of an ear infection a couple weeks prior. I took him to the doc this morning, and sure enough, his single ear infection didn't clear up with the first round of antiobiotics...and is now a DOUBLE ear-infection. You can't really tell by his demeanor, but when his appetite and sleep are affected, there's definitely something going on.

We're not going to let a little double ear infection affect the day. We have some other birthday plans with our special little boy. More to come!

Happy birthday, Emerson. You make your Mom and Dad SO proud every day. You've brought more to our lives in this one year than we could ever have imagined. We love you so much!

I think someone knows it's his special day!!!

Doing a little reading while Mom and Dad get ready (good butt shot)

Coolest first birthday shirt, EVER!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Emerson!!! how fast a year goes! Sorry the little guy has a double ear infection on his big day :( But i am sure you will all still enjoy it, nonetheless! Thinking about you...

Ps. Love the birth story :)