Monday, July 13, 2009

An eye for fashion?

Had a great weekend! Friday afternoon we had a playdate with Beth and Teddy. Friday night, we had a dinner and movie date with Auntie Jessi. Saturday, we ran errands, hit the gym, and had a relaxing afternoon at home. Jason was feeling much better, and ready to get out of the house...so Sunday, we went to the zoo for a couple hours, and had a picnic at Scioto Park along the river. Pictures to come! We soak up the weekends when we have no plans, because most of them get jam packed with commitments!
GENERAL UPDATES
WALKING
Emerson is a walking machine! It's amazing how just two weeks ago, we were counting the steps he was taking...4, 8, 15, etc. Now, he walks everywhere he goes!
EATING
Emerson has been eating blueberries like crazy! I also recently introduced clementines, which he loves. Grapes, strawberries and watermelon are still favorites, too. We're definitely taking advantage of all the beautiful fresh fruit this summer.
PLAYING
Emerson is a madman. At home, he is a tornado in the playroom, and any other room for that matter. He's learning boundaries for areas...stairs, outlets, etc. But the areas that are free reign, he embraces like an F5. He loves exploring "new" rooms like the dining room and den. He's learning to be gentle with Kramer, and Sheffield won't even let him get close enough to pet (and we're fine with that). He tried to put his pacifier in Kramer's mouth yesterday. Too funny!
I am in denial that my little boy is almost 1 year old. We're busy planning 1st birthday activities. It chokes me up to think or talk about it though!!! We have Em's 12 month pictures with our favorite photographer, Julie, this week. Maybe if I just stay busy enough, Emerson won't actually turn a year old.

Emerson was playing with my sunglasses recently, and actually put them on his face, correctly. I swear he was posing for me to take his picture. I buy pretty cheap sunglasses, because I often break and/or lose them. Overall, though, I'm pretty good about giving Emerson just about whatever he wants. That makes me a good mom, right? ;)

No comments: