So I had Emerson at the dr. yesterday for a quickie check of his not-completely-healed belly button, and they began the visit by weighing him. I was very interested in seeing how big he was, since I feel like I carry a cinder block around all day. He weighed 13 lbs. 12 ozs. That's almost 14 lbs. Which is exactly 2 lbs. less than I weighed when I was a YEAR old! Did I mention that he's 7 weeks old today? I can't believe the rate that this baby boy is growing! Definitely takes after his father that way.
We had a busy week! Friday night, Terra, Andrew and I taught Jason how to play euchre in preparation for a euchre party we're hosting next weekend. Saturday, we went to a cookout at Donald and Beth's and Emerson got to sit in Teddy Sheppard's baby chair! (Teddy is expected to greet the world on November 8th.) We also watched the last Yankees game at Yankee Stadium on Sunday at Michael and Hollie's. Emerson got to play with his cousin Cameron. I should have gotten a picture of him decked out in his Yankees gear! Speaking of decks, ours is getting demo'd as I type! We have a new patio being laid and the entire project should be complete by the middle of next week. Hooray!
We also had a visit to Lancaster this week, and got to spend some quality time with Mia and the newly svelte Poppy. Emerson had a nice nap with Poppy and got to spend some time with Uncle Jared as he popped in to load furniture and rob the canning room of all unused pots, pans and dishes for his new apartment.
In addition to growing by the second, Emerson is changing in so many other ways too! He coos and laughs a lot, and is incredibly responsive to people talking to him. He loves tummy time, and is very strong. He is sitting up in the boppy (circular pillow) already, and spent a couple minutes in the bumbo (rubber chair). I limit all of this time, as he gets tired and wobbly after a few minutes. Emerson and I read a new book every morning, and have lots to choose from thanks to all of the books we got as gifts! I realize he's not supposed to be doing this yet, but Emerson is rolling over! He rolls from front to back during tummy time, regularly. He has the busiest legs ever, and if he can get leverage on something, he kicks himself over! I think it will be a little while before he does back-to-stomach rolls.
Emerson and I got to the park almost every day, and have been running a bit. It's harder to run with the jogging stroller on the street, so we prefer the paved walking path around the park. Emerson loves being outside and usually sneaks in a nap at the park, during which I steal the time to read or return phone calls.
"Wait, I'm NOT supposed to be able to do this yet?"
" But I like to sit up like this!"
"And I can talk while doing it!"


Emerson enjoying his playmat! He's CONSTANTLY talking!


The process of rolling over... starts with thinking about it.
Then he gets halfway...
" But I like to sit up like this!"
"And I can talk while doing it!"

Emerson enjoying his playmat! He's CONSTANTLY talking!


The process of rolling over... starts with thinking about it.
Then he gets halfway...
And uses his momentum to roll himself over! 
Very strong neck!

I think he's yelling at me in this one.
Just enjoying some tummy time!

He's holding his burp cloth like a blankie...whatever works!
I took these two today...he's this alert most of the day!
And yes, Auntie Rules! (courtesy of Auntie Jessi)

2 comments:
OMG!!! He has passed Rylee in weight! unbelievable!! what a cutie though!! and strong little bugger! love the pics :)
Great update. I bet that Emerson will be doing backflips by the next one...
Kri and I are doing well. Portland is treating us right (but the weather is just starting to turn).
All our love,
Darren & Kri
Post a Comment