Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Say what?!?!?!"

Emerson Rex has earned lots of nicknames with his unique first and middle names, as well as his size...they include E.R., E. Rex, Chunky Monkey, Chub-A-Dub, Sexy Rexy (a strange, but favorite one started by Andrew), Baby Z (which is too cute coming out of his cousins' mouths!), Em, and Mogwai. People often asked when they heard his name "What are you going to call him?" I thought this was weird, b.c. DUH, his name is Emerson, we're going to call him Emerson. I've been proven wrong. I think this baby boy will have lots of nicknames over the years.
Emerson is very interactive right now. He loves "talking" and finding his voice to respond to someone talking to him. He laughs and smiles. We love getting him going in the morning, which is his peak time for the fun faces. He kicks like he's a pro soccer player, which Jason loves. He also pushes off of things with his feet. I am quite certain he's strengthening his legs for flip turns!

One of my favorite "Emerson-isms" is the sigh/hum he makes after a sneeze. Like, "oh man, that was tough." He does it nearly every time, and it's too cute!

We've had a busy couple of weeks. We spent the past weekend in Toledo, and got to spend time with Mimmy and Dzia Dzia (grandma and grandpa Z.) and great grandma and grandpa Z. Emerson is the namesake on that side of the family. He's the only boy with the last name Zielinski!

Auntie Jessi stayed over for a few days this week b.c. she had no power, like most of Columbus. We had lots of fun with her! Uncle Jared came up and stayed last night, and will pretty soon be around a lot! He's moving to an apt. in Grandview, so we hope to see lots more of him.

We had another mama and baby yoga class today, which we absolutely love. You can see Em's new shirt from Auntie Jessi! It really put him in the mood, he was awake the whole class and LOVED it! He also made a new friend, Zane. Zane is 3.5 months old, and the same size as Emerson! We go weekly, at least while I'm still on maternity leave. I'll have learned most everything by then, so I hope to continue yoga at home with him once I go back to work. Speaking of, I'm halfway through my maternity leave, and it's been so wonderful! I love being at home with Emerson, and we find lots to keep us busy. It's hard to believe I'll be back to work in 6 weeks, but I love every minute I get to spend with my baby boy. We have a daycare that we love, and I also have a career that I love. Mixed emotions definitely, but I also have some time to get used to the idea. When I do go back, I'll have Fridays off to spend with Emerson.
Namaste!




Here we go! This boy has a LOT to say!

A visit with Great Grandma Z
Zonked on the mini-boppy Zonked with Dad
More playtime! I love the "come on, people" look in the first one!
5 weeks old!
Hanging with Dzia Dzia (Grandpa in Polish) and cousins Kendall and Macy in Toledo

Hanging with my buddy Brutus. Before the big disappointment on Saturday.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am Janelle's cousin- rent the movie "Empire Records"- if you haven't seen it, you'll know why. :)