Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Emerson Phelps...and One Month check-up



Before the quick turn in weather, I set up the new baby pool that Emerson's Auntie Melissa bought him, and we took a dip! Well, Emerson did...I have a good 10 months before I plan to be in a swimsuit again. He loved it! In his summer hat (courtesy of Auntie Jessi), he just relaxed in the water! I think he would have stayed there all day!
Emerson also had his one month check-up yesterday, and he's been classified as a small giant. He weighed in at 12 lbs., 6 ozs. and measured 23 1/4 inches. That's the 97th and 95th percentiles, respectively. I knew he was big, but WOW! And unlike his Dad, he has a normal head. He was 80th percentile for that. He also had a shot, and took it like a man! He was startled for a second, and after a quick cry, he was asleep in a minute. You can see the Wile E. Coyote bandaid on his leg in the photo.We've been going on lots of walks, and even broke out the jogging stroller, although, truth be told, there was no jogging. We rocked out to the speakers in the canopy though, and Emerson's favorite song was "I kissed a girl". We also started Mama and Baby Yoga, and the boy is a natural! Namaste! Mom's first night out with girlfriends for sushi and martinis...for Leah's birthday! I desperately missed both menu items during pregnancy!
Jason and Michael stopped by during lunch, and Michael shared a beer with Sheff while Jason burped Emerson. I'm glad they didn't get those two confused and burp Sheffield and give Emerson a beer.

Emerson has been enjoying some tummy time, and is sooo strong! It amazes me how he can lift his head and move all around! He's moving his arms and legs all over the place, and coos and smiles in response. We love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my chunky, my chunky monkey!!! I have a new workout program and the only thing I need lift is my chunky, my chunky monkey!!

Anonymous said...

Phelps? What happened to Rex?
Just wondering.