Every year at this time, since my darling Emerson was born, we head to the orchard to pick apples. There's something really perfect about taking bites of a just-picked apple, while cruising the rows. We try to arrange our outing to align with Honey Crisp season. These are the best apples. Ever. Hands down.
Last year, Scarlet was introduced to this tradition, although she slept in the Bjorn the entire time. Almost as much as I love apple picking, I also love putting them to use. Applesauce to eat and can. Apple chips in the oven. Apple muffins. And fresh, sliced apples for every meal.
My kids share my love for apples. They both quickly found their "pick." Emerson ate his while holding the bag as I filled it. And Scarlet worked her way through one apple for over an hour. In the orchard. At the playground. On the way home. And at home.
And our house will smell better than a Yankee Candle all weekend!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment