_____________________________________________
At the risk of overexposure...
Emerson: "Mommy's pooping."
Jason: "Oh, that's nice, Em."
Emerson: "I thought only boys poop."
Jason: "Your Mom would lead you to believe that."
_____________________________________________
Aunt Jeeka spent a couple days in the hospital, and I was there with her. I was explaining to Em where I'd been, and what was going on, and he'd already been pretty well informed by Jason. And I asked him, "Did you pray for Jeeka last night?" and his response, "I always pray for Jeeka."
_____________________________________________
Emerson: "How many days till Hilton Head?"
Me: "About a week. Did you know Hilton Head is an island? Do you know what an island is?"
Emerson: "Yep. Where there's treasure."
_____________________________________________
Emerson: "I really want to marry Scarlet."
Me: "Ok. But you realize you won't be allowed to. You can't marry your family...so no aunts, brothers, sisters, parents...make sense?"
Emerson: "But I'm still going to marry her."Me: "Well, when do you want to get married?"
Emerson: "When I'm 54."
Me: "Then you have some time...maybe they'll change the law."
This is a conversation we have every few weeks, always initiated by Emerson.
_____________________________________________
And a few one-liners...
“Can you unlock this string?” The draw string on his soccer shorts can be troublesome. And locks, apparently!
“I only did that back when I was in preschool.” He's so advanced with his Kindergarten status.
“I do not know what you are talking about.” He says this, very matter-of-factly to people on the phone and in person if he doesn't understand them, or they ask a question above his head.
“This food is so boring.” This is in response to anything he isn't interested in eating.
_____________________________________________
We'll have some serious quality time in the next ten days as we head to the beach, so surely there will be a special edition of Emersonisms in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment