Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby giants? Or giant babies?

My kids are big. They start big, and they stay big. They certainly don't shy away from food, and gobble fruits and veggies, and pretty much everything else.

Like their Mom, they can't get enough macaroni (or any kind of pasta!) and like their Dad, they can't get enough cheese. Generally, though, I'd say their diet is really well-rounded. 

I had both kids at the pediatrician for their 1- and 5-year appointments this afternoon. After entering the world at 9.7 and 9.6 lbs respectively, Emerson and Scarlet continue to provide impressive statistics. 

Scarbaby weighed in at 25.6 lbs (96th percentile), is 31.5" tall (>97th percentile) and has a 18.5" head circumference (93rd percentile). This is actually "leaner" than Emerson at that same age. Yikes. 

Em weighed in at 52.5 lbs (93rd percentile and is 44.8" tall (86th percentile).

As I'm typing this, Scarlet is upstairs growing through her nap, and Emerson is devouring watermelon at the table. 


No comments: