Going back to work after spending 12 weeks at home takes a little time to adjust to. The thing I miss most (in addition to the Today Show and 9 cups of coffee), is just seeing my kids' faces. I miss just being able to look at them when I want. Their success in school makes this palatable for me, though. Emerson loves preschool, and gets so much out of each class and experience. And Scarlet is doing wonderfully in the infant class! She gets to do so many fun things with sensory bags, painting, walks outside, etc. And she's still rocking the 11-hour sleep schedule every night. She conks at 8pm, and then gets up when we wake her for a bottle at 7am. On the weekends, she's still sleeping in until 8 or 9am. A total rock star, right?
A lot of people have asked me how it's been...being back to work with two kids. Honestly, it's fine. It's actually really good. I suppose it helps that I am super organized. Always have been. It keeps me sane. I have lists. My lists have lists. I put things on Jason's outlook calendar almost daily, so we both know who's going where, when, and how. I meal plan for four people, 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. This keeps us in budget, prevents us from defaulting to junk, and keeps me out of McDonald's drive-thru.
I hit the pillow pretty hard at night. And so do the kids. 8pm is a really cool time in my house. I can knock out a project or two, paint my nails, empty the dishwasher, pack school bags, etc. Or I can go to bed, which I sometimes do.
I typically drop off in the mornings, and Jason typically picks up in the evenings. This allows me to get home and start some dinner while he rounds up kids at school. When they come in, Jason and Emerson are usually off changing and throwing socks and shoes all over the house (at least that's what it feels like sometimes.)
And this is how Scarlet hangs out...just sweet as can be...waiting until I've freed my hands to scoop her up and smother her with kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment