Thursday, November 8, 2012

A little scary...and a lot sweet.


I've never been a big fan of Halloween. I think it's weird, and a little creepy. Even as a kid. It may have something to do with the fact that I don't like candy all that much. Now, if they passed out french fries, door-to-door, that would be my kind of holiday. Some of my indifference to the holiday may have to do with the fact that I hate (HATE) being scared. I can't even watch previews of scary movies. Much less watch the movie itself! I once made it 60 seconds into The Exorcism of Emily Rose. Sorry, Jared. I tried.
 
Of course I love how much the kids love Halloween. And we always have fun with the traditional activities. This year, Emerson toyed around with the idea of being Super Mario or being a "skelekon." Eventually, I made him choose, since we needed to get a costume, and he landed on being a skeleton. I think it's important that kids choose their costumes, within reason. I remember some of my costumes...a crayon one year, a gypsy for three years straight. For my gypsy costume, my Mom used a bandanna and sewed on canning jar lids as my earrings. Jason once went as a road. Yes, a road. He had sweats and glued on cars, reflectors, etc. I love the creativity behind costumes! So long as they're not scary.
 
 
Creepy, no? Hard to believe that's my sweet boy under that mask.

Best Dad ever. I just think it's unfair that the wizard ran out of brains. Maybe next year, Jason ;)

A quick pic with the Cabbage Patch Doll before they headed out to trick-or-treat!

And this is what Scarlet did that evening. What a sweet doll she is.

This little stinker finds her thumb, a lot.

No comments: