About 1/2 hour ago, I got a text from our neighbors across the street asking if our cat got out. Their next door neighbor, a sweet, and slightly older widow, was alarmed by a "yellow cat" that has been under her bushes. So...she called the police.
Kramer is an inside-only, declawed cat and has spent less than 9 minutes of his life outside the four walls of our house. I can't imagine how Kramer would have gotten out, but it is trash and recycling day, so it's possible that while Emerson was helping Jason, Kramer snuck out. It would definitely be out of character for Kramer, but he's a cat.
I get Jason on the phone, and after debating yellow vs. buff (I don't see the difference), he came up with the grand idea of sending a photo of of Kramer to Jenny (trusty neighbor) to see if that's the cat that's clearly freaking out the neighbor lady.
Here's the only photo Jason and I could come up with on short notice that I could text to Jenny. This was taken 2 years ago at Christmas, with Emerson in his Where the Wild Things Are pajamas. In full-on Max-mode, I think he's possibly about to pounce. I know it could be a serious situation of a lost cat, but I can't stop laughing at this whole scenario, and this picture. It's one of those days that I'm thinking to myself, "Is this really my life?"
Apparently, they believe the cat in this photo is the cat in the 'hood. Jason is en route.
More to come on this.
No comments:
Post a Comment