- "Hi babe.” --- Greeting me when I come home from work.
- "You gotta be kidding me." and related..."Are you kidding me with this _____." The blank includes shirt, rain, traffic, etc.
- "How was your work?" --- In response to "How was your day at school?"
- "Is it pumpkin time, yet?" --- Emerson thinks Halloween is actually "pumpkin time." I won't correct it.
- "That is so weird." --- Usually about things that are, in fact, not weird.
- "Aaaaaaawkward." --- More often than not, he uses this correctly. Except when he told his teacher, "Miss Emily, you look awkward today." I'm regularly telling him he can't use this word until he understands it.
- "You are a good cook." --- After I set the bag of Chipotle burritos on the table. And he's sincere.
- "Next time. Next time." --- As in, when we go to the store, next time, he's going to be good. And next time, he will be on green all day (stoplight of behavior at school...green, yellow, red).
- While showering, he told me, "I'm getting bigger, Mommy. I'm a big boy now. My feet are bigger. My legs are bigger. My penis is bigger. My belly is bigger." He was clearly working from the toes up. Clearly.
- Some people call them Pinocchio and Scooby Doo. Emerson calls them, "Pokie Dokie" and "Scoobadie Goo.”
(If you're subscribed to this blog, and got it twice, I had to go back in and update the spacing. It was weird. And awkward.)
![]() |
| I hope everyone gets to experience the wonders of toddlerhood. |

No comments:
Post a Comment