We had a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Saturday morning, Emerson, Jess and I headed to Lancaster for a great visit with his Mia. He always loves to put on a show for her. We had an unfortunate ending football game that night, and Emerson had a late enough nap, that he caught most of the first quarter. Today was a lazy Sunday...we honestly don't get very many of those. And those that we do, go so fast. The evening is spent getting ready for the week. Laundry put away. Lunches packed.
We are also getting ready to head to Maryland on Thursday for Aunt Laura's wedding! We've borrowed a friend's DVD player for the car to help us get through the long ride. I anticipate stops to burn energy. Lord knows this boy has plenty of that!
Emerson was especially ornery the last few days. Jason's best friend Craig was in town and stayed with us for the weekend. Em definitely found a new buddy! He also realized he can reach, and turn door knobs! And pull himself up to look over the baby gate. And open cupboards, and use the counters to pull himself up to sinks. WHAT!?!?! You're only 13 months, kid...give me a break!
"No, mom...you sit and enjoy your coffee, I'll get this..."

"And for your listening enjoyment...I'm going to sing while vacuuming!"
No comments:
Post a Comment