Thursday, July 24, 2008

Give me an inch...

We had our weekly doctor appointment this afternoon to check progress, or lack thereof. After seeing the newest depressing number on the scale and hearing the baby's heartbeat, we got the news that there is NOTHING going on. No dilation. No effacement. Nothing. My doc even told us he just delivered a baby this morning that was 1.5 weeks past the due date. I asked him how late he thought I may go, and there was no clear answer. I could still go early, could go on my due date, or could go late. I, of course, hope for early! He did confirm that this baby will be at minimum 8 lbs. I asked if that was a factor in timing, and he said that as long as it's not a 10 lb. baby, they don't induce. Argh.

The good news is that the baby and I are both healthy. Not happy, but certainly healthy. I'm enjoying General Tso's Chicken and other spicy foods, walking regularly, and trying to find my acupressure points between my thumb and forefinger.

We go again next Thursday afternoon, and again...I PRAY for progress. "Give me an inch..."

No comments: