We had a summer nanny for Emerson a few years ago, and as we're preparing for our full-time nanny for the school year, we decided we wanted the kids to have an easygoing summer of pool time, trips to the park, and sleeping in. With two high school girls just across the street, we were able to arrange just that!
Emerson and Scarlet are typically both sleeping when Jason and I walk out the door at 8am. They both sleep until at least 9am most days. Oftentimes, 10am. I'm pretty sure my body wouldn't allow me to do that, even if I wanted to.
They get backyard water play, neighborhood pool time, walks, driveway chalk, midday crafts, and lots of dedicated attention. And with our schedules lightened without drop-offs and pickups, Jason and I have more time in the evenings with them, and we've been soaking up every bit of summertime.
One thing we hadn't really factored into the awesomeness equation of the summer at home for our kids, was just how much time Scarlet and Emerson would get together. Of course their evenings and weekends have always been spent together. But at school, they were in separate classrooms, and for the last year, even separate buildings. Jason and I have seen just how close they've come, even in just a month together at home.
It's been really amazing to see their sibling-hood, and friendship, take formation. That four year age gap is narrowing before our eyes.
| Painting together. |
| Hanging like bats together. |
| Jumping like maniacs together. |
| Cooling down on a hot night together. |
| Playing on a hot day together. |
| Checking out a poolside butterfly together. |
| He does... |
| So she does...together. |
| Reading together. |
No comments:
Post a Comment