Wednesday, April 2, 2014

She came in like a wrecking ball...

We have a lot of creative ways in which we describe Scarlet's "spirited" toddler behavior.
  • She's a sour patch kid. She'll hit you with the one two. One, being an act of snark. Two, being a look and sweetness that makes you forget all about the one.
  • She's a bit psychotic. Plain and simple. This isn't meant as negatively as it might read. I think most toddlers are psychotic. Case in point: mood swings and tantrums. But just as quickly as she turns it on, she turns it off and is back to chasing butterflies.
  • The current, and what I believe to be the most accurate description, is wrecking ball. A 35 lb. ball of crazy, crashing with an intention of total destruction. (That's my definition. Merriam Webster might disagree.) Emerson and I often break out Miley Cyrus' version whenever Scarlet goes down a path. This is the only time I'll ever thank Miley.
Scarlet's vocal skills are as big as her personality. She often sings while she's "working." You know...when she's moving all the Fisher Price animals from Noah's Ark to the castle. Wouldn't it be great if we all felt that way about work?

In addition to singing, Scarlet talks non-stop. Non. Stop. If you say "Good boy, Grover." she then says "Guh-boy-groruh. Come on. Sit. Guh-boy. Awww. Guh-boy! Wanna treeee?" If you say, "No, thanks, Emerson. I don't want any chips." she then says, "No teenk you Em-ah-see. A chip? Yes? No teenk you. No. No. No. You eat it. Teenk you!" And then goes on with a few more sentences which we don't always understand. She doesn't really even speak in sentences. She speaks in paragraphs. It continues to crack us up when Jason enters the room, just a casual "Hi, Daddy," like she's been saying this for ages.

She came in like a wrecking ball...and we just love her.



No comments: