We're sick. Jason and I have been sicker in the last month, than in the last 2 years combined. From pinkeye, to stomach viruses, to colds, to the latest nasty sore throat/cough, we're in a constant state of disease right now.
I'm really quite mad about it. I work out, take vitamins, eat well, hydrate, get vaccines, and get plenty of sleep. There's no reason I should be sick. Except for one thing. The constant exposure to germs by way of preschool/daycare. When you do the math, and how each child is exposed to other children at home, who are then exposed to all the other children at school, who then interact with parents...it's a petri dish. I practically shower in Purell...still sick.
We sucked it up and headed to Toledo this past weekend for an extended Zielinski family get-together, and exchange with Jason's parents and nieces and nephew. I don't have any photos. Know why? I feel like poo. Photo opps weren't top of mind for me. Breathing was.
Somehow, Scarlet and Emerson have stayed mostly healthy (knocking on wood with crossed fingers right now). It's Monday. We've been sick for almost a week. We HAVE to feel better by the weekend, right?
You know how when people are sick, they want their mothers, right? Well, I do. I want my Mom to come to my house, make me chicken noodle soup, tuck me in to bed, then take care of my kids, help me with laundry, and then come feel my forehead with a worried look. And then I want her to say "No more coughing! Just stop that coughing!" Because that's what she did, and that's what she would do.
No comments:
Post a Comment