Can it really be the middle of December? We've had Christmas parties and events every weekend this month, and have many more to come! We even squeezed in a family photo shoot. We have some photos scheduled for the winter/springtime, but I totally panicked that we weren't going to have a good holiday card for Scarlet's first Christmas! And a good friend emailed saying she couldn't wait to see what photos our Christmas card would have this year. Cr@p. Thanks for the motivation, Sara! Check your mailbox!
Generally, we're feeling a bit over scheduled with all the holiday festivities (as well as an out-of-state wedding thrown into the mix). We cherish our weekends at home with the kids, just lounging, hanging out, watching movies, cooking, etc. So when we're constantly on the go, we get a little wonky. We enjoy the festivities, but miss the down time, this time of year. Nonetheless, we're so excited for Scarlet's first Christmas. And Emerson is at a really fun age with Santa, the Elf, and shopping for others. He also is absorbing so much this year with the advent calendar and nativity.
 |
| Scarlet, true to form...sleeping soundly. This was around 8am on a Saturday morning. Bless her heart! |
 |
| We started our homemade ornaments that we make every year. Emerson LOVED the craft this year, so much so, that we doubled the number we normally make. This year, everyone gets an ornament! |
 |
| Here's what Jason did while we were making ornaments. He's fixed the fridge 5 times in as many months. He recently did the permanent fix with a new part. I love his ability and interest in taking things apart! And so does my wallet. |
 |
| "Mom, let's do more!" How I love this sweet boy. |
 |
| Concentrating. |
 |
| Observing, and patiently waiting her turn for the reverse side. |
 |
| We're well into solid foods with cereal, fruits, and a few veggies. This was her first try of squash. |
 |
| You wouldn't know by this face, but she gobbles down everything. |
 |
| Flying. |
 |
| Ornery. This face reminds me a lot of Em at this age. |
 |
| Our sweet little girl. |
 |
| Doing so much! Can reach out and grab items. Immediately pulling everything to her mouth. |
 |
With all the festivities, we've needed sitters a little more often than usual.
Here's Emerson and Scarlet with Auntie Jeeka making homemade pizzas. |
 |
| And Emerson with Poppy watching a movie. Thankful for the help, and the extra time the kids get to spend with them! |
I spent a night last week wrapping presents until 12:30am. I didn't have to. I wanted to. It will ensure that I can finish up shopping and wrapping, and enjoy the details. Have to check stuff off the lists! I like lists. My lists have lists. I just know what I need to do to make my life a little more organized. I enjoy the holidays when I'm not crazy with "to-do's." For me, lists get me there. Basically, organization keeps me sane. Don't ask Jason what I'm like when I'm feeling disorganized. Think Joan Crawford in
Mommie Dearest.
No comments:
Post a Comment