Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Patriotic Dinosaurs

Emerson has always been a good sleeper, and when we're attentive to our parenting and schedules, he's typically in bed, lights out, by 8:30pm, and asleep until we wake him at 7:30am. I have had people tell me that we are lucky, and to not expect that with the next child. And to that I say, "Jealousy isn't pretty on anyone." I'll take my rock star sleeper and run with it.


Can you see the wheels turning in this picture? He must really be working through a lot in that almost-four-year-old mind during those many hours of sleep. A few of his deep-thoughts-by-Emerson questions of late, include:
  • Do you think the people on that plane are going to Poppy’s pool? Referring to my Dad's pool in Florida, since most times he gets on a plane, that's our destination.
  • Do dinosaurs like the American flag? I've never given it much thought, but I would guess most dinosaurs are patriotic.
  • Remember when we used to live in California? Hm. Left field with this one.

And there are the occasional not-so-deep-thoughts-by-Emerson, which of late, include lots of little boy focus on all things potty. Like "Can I pee in the hamper?" I really don't think he'd actually do it, but I continue to say no, just in case.

No comments: