Monday, March 26, 2012

Thank Heaven for Jeekas

Jess offered to have Emerson for an overnight a while back, and this was the only weekend mostly free of activities, so Jason and I planned a non-planned evening. After Emerson's flag football draft, he went to Auntie Jeeka's (He knows it's Jessica, and can pronounce it perfectly, he just prefers this. And so do I.). Jason and I headed to Easton for errands, and a very leisurely dinner. Meanwhile, Jess was entertaining Emerson. And Emerson was entertaining Jess!

They played football at the park, made homemade pizzas (apron included), made a trip to Target for "Mack" (truck from Cars), and had elaborate conversations. Two are noted below.


EMERSON: “Jeeka, do you say omigosh?”
JESSICA: “I like to say oh my stars.”
EMERSON: “Do you say oh my jesus?”
JESSICA: “No…”
EMERSON: “My mommy does.”

Note: This is a complete fabrication. I have never in my life used that phrase. Little white lies lately. Working on it.


EMERSON: “Jeeka, my mommy’s name is Janice. But you sometimes call her Jan.”
JESSICA: “I know, and she’s my sister.”
EMERSON: “And Poppy is your brother?”
JESSICA: “No, Jared is my brother. Poppy is my Daddy.”
EMERSON: “And then who is your mommy?”
JESSICA: “Mia is my mommy.”
EMERSON: “Yeah, and she’s not here anymore. Do you miss her?”
JESSICA: “I do. But she’s in heaven and very happy.”
EMERSON: “Yes. She is.”

No comments: