Man, what long long weekend! We had so much fun leading up to Monday, that it felt like the holiday should have been over by the time we woke up on Monday, which was 9:30am. Yowza. We made coffee, got ready and headed out for the parade! Parades are a significant memory for me, for the 4th of July holiday. As much as there MUST be fireworks and cookouts, there MUST be a parade. Emerson isn't crazy about the candy, which is fine with me. He wants one sucker, opens it, and has it during the parade. He loves the firetrucks, the bands and the floats. And so do I!
![]() |
| Looking to see what's next. |
![]() |
| I see Nordmoe girls! Hey Rebecca and Rachael! |
![]() |
| Chillin'. |
Have I mentioned how much I love holiday traditions? I was lucky enough growing up that one of my best friend's parents had the best house on Columbus Street, right next to the fairgrounds. Many a years we spent running through this yard with sparklers. I love that Emerson gets to do it now. And the Lancaster fireworks were great!
![]() |
| Emerson and Andrew playing cornhole. |
![]() |
| Poppy, entertaining all the kids. And all the kids, entertaining Poppy. |
![]() |
| Snacks before the fireworks show. Berlynn sat there for about 3.7 seconds before she was off again. |
![]() |
Those ear plugs fell out, and Emerson realized fireworks aren't that loud.
|
Man, what a fun weekend. Love me some summertime.
No comments:
Post a Comment