PTO = Paid Time Off...This note is mostly for my Dad, who will undoubtedly have no idea what this acronym means.
As a Mom who works outside the home, I get crazy excited for big chunks of time that I get to spend at home with Emerson. I love a day where Em can play, and I can spend some time catching up on laundry, cleaning, cooking. I secretly love having dinner ready when Jason gets home from work. Naptime is kind of awesome too, and gives me a chance to clean up DVR. I always try to take time off work around the holidays, and the last few years, I've been able to take off the last 2 weeks in December. There haven't been very many lazy days around the house, since we've been running every which way to Sunday since my first day off. Nonetheless, it's been blissful getting so much time with my babe.
We squeezed in a trip to COSI to see the train exhibit, trips to the mall and everywhere else to wrap up shopping, an obligatory visit with Santa, decorating, baking, and decorating the baking. And then some. Do I really have to go back to work on January 3?
 |
| Sweetums. |
 |
| After seeing Santa, we hit the food court. |
 |
| Hurricane Wind Machine. AWESOME! |
 |
| Look, we have straight hair! |
 |
| Gingerbread Train. Emerson, you didn't eat any of the icing, did you? |
 |
| Masterpiece. |
 |
| Masterpiece after coconut snowstorm. |
 |
| Hanging with Poppy during Day O' Baking! |
 |
| We Believe in Santa! At least that's what our shirts say. |
 |
| Emerson kept himself busy while we were in the kitchen. |
 |
| But came in to help Auntie Jessi with the "Puppy Chow"...yums! |
 |
| And to help me with the pretzels...such a big helper??? |
 |
| I don't know if he actually put any decorations on the pretzels. |
No comments:
Post a Comment