Friday, January 8, 2010

Sicky sickerson.

So, Mercury is in retrograde and the front door to Saddlebrook has apparently become the portal to hell.

Jason was traveling M-W this week, and Emerson and I were doing great! Until 10pm on Wednesday, 3 hours before Jason was scheduled to return. I did it to myself, though. In talking to my sister-in-law last week I was just mentioning how lucky we were in that Emerson had never had any stomach viruses, only colds. Seventeen months, not bad! Well, I certainly jinxed myself, b/c at 10pm on Wednesday, barf city.

Although not really interested in dinner Wednesday evening (highly unusual) Emerson went to bed at his normal time, 7:30. Two and a half hours later I was surprised to hear him awake and making a weird yell for me. I went in to find a hot mess in his crib. After a clean-up and sheets into the wash, we parked it on my bed. And another mess. Six hours later, he had thrown up 10 times. Poor little thing was frightened. Who isn't when that happens! After the first couple of times, I learned the predictors, and was able to keep the mess maintained. Welcome home, Jason! This continued until 4am. Ugh. He's been home with me, and now Jason the last couple of days and although cranky and tired, is now on the mend.

Oh, and Kramer. Kramer the cat decided on Thursday it would be a great day to develop bladder disease, resulting in a trip to the vet (with Jason, as I was home with barfy-Emerson), and an emergency surgery (at a bargain basement price of only $1,000). The result is Kramer is off his death bed, and coming home tonight.

Happy new year, everyone!

No comments: