I am one of the lucky ones. I say this for MANY reasons, but the one I am talking about today is my husband's incredible ability for fatherhood. It's something that comes very naturally to him.
I occasionally travel for work, and some moms ask me if I am worried about Jason being able to handle everything. The ones who ask that, usually don't know Jason very well. Those that know him, know that he is so hands-on, that I can leave town for 2 days, and not worry that Emerson is eating peas, that he has his favorite blanket to sleep with, that there are sufficient binkies in the crib, and that Emerson is 100% cared for. After all, Da-da-da-da-da was one of Em's first words.
I have a son who seems to be his father's spitting image. Although people tend to say he exhibits some of my personality, he definitely favors Jason's looks. It shocks me sometimes when they're sitting side by side, just how much they look alike. I'd have it no other way.
Jason has so many special moments with Emerson, because he makes them special. Most nights, he'll take Em upstairs for a bath and I'll come up a little later to find them laying in bed watching the Yankees game. If I have a late night at work, Jason will pick up Emerson and stop at Lowe's, Target, or any other quick errands, and loves having his boy with him in the cart. From zoo trips, to the grocery, I don't know if I've ever seen a man so happy to be with his son as Jason is with Emerson.
Happy Father's Day, Jason...we love you.
After a laid back morning with donuts and coffee, we headed down to the river for a picnic on the water.
One of the few minutes he would stay on the blanket.


Admiring his baby boy...

Had to sneak this one in! Emerson was actually quite happy wearing these! But only for a moment.
And since we couldn't spend father's day with our own Dads, a special thank you to two more wonderful men in Emerson and our lives. Ted has 4 grandchildren who think the world of him, and he loves and cares for each one in a special way. Emerson is rarely out of "Dzia Dzia's" arms when they're together. Happy father's day, Ted...we love you!
And my Dad has proven to be an amazing father and grandfather ("Poppy"). Most notably, in the last few years, as my family has been handed a very unusual hand. My Dad is the one who helps us all keep it together. From offering time-tested advice to his daughters and son, to testing his chef skills, to arranging the Naples trips, my Dad has more than stepped up to the plate. Thanks, Dad...and happy father's day. We love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment