My posts are less frequent, as life has been calling, but I happened to have a few blog-worthy conversations with Scarlet recently that were worth logging and blogging...
--------Earlier this week, while making Grover (the golden retriever) a card for his third birthday, she worked through the spelling of his name, drew his body, then in looking for confirmation instead of a corrected answer, matter-of-factly asked me, "He has nine legs, right"?
--------On the way home from school today (an unusual pick up of Emerson and Scarlet by me at the end of the school day), Scarlet asked why so many of our friends have three kids. I noted that in fact many of our friends and families DO have three kids and shared that we must just like kids so much wekept having them. Emerson asked, again, "But how do you make kids? Like, how do they get in your belly?" He's grown beyond the "Well, when moms and dads love each other, God gives us a baby in our belly." Fortunately, Scarlet answered on my behalf with, "I'm pretty sure you need honey."
No comments:
Post a Comment