As he turns seven, and prepares for 1st grade in a few weeks, we couldn't be any prouder of Emerson. He's learning to be the best big brother, twice over. He is wise beyond his years. (I simply cannot answer the question, "when the earth explodes, will heaven, too?"). He loves shyly. He plays harder than I ever knew little boys could play. Until the sweat has soakcd him. Until his shoes are worn through. And until he hits the pillow with such force I wonder if he'll go clear through it.
And in case I thought he would need me a little less in his seventh year, I was reminded how much we need each other today. Both our throats swelled when the doc at urgent care told him he had to stay out of the water for a week due to his serious swimmer's ear. Him, because of the obvious missing of the water fun. Me, because that look on my sweet boy's face.
Happy birthday, Emerson Rex. We love you so. Thanks for letting me be your Momma. And thanks for not growing out of calling me "Momma."

No comments:
Post a Comment